Sunday, September 4, 2016

Soup is the Answer

Hey Girlfriend!

Just touching base.  Love our long chats but can't afford the time right now.  STUPID busy … but just the way I like it!  Of course I SHOULD be prepping for my stamping Open House Friday but that's SO not how I operate.  In procrastinating on THAT I'm getting so much done in other areas!  Reorganizing the bonus room, drafting 4 hour emails, catching up on the girls' diaries … and now having my parents over for dinner.

Things are still going really well.  Except for yesterday I got those 3 litres of water in every day.  No - still haven't managed the pilates DVD's … maybe next week?  No - who am I kidding … I really DO need to get on that Open House stuff soon … and it's a long weekend so the pressure is on for Tues, Wed, Thurs.  All good.

I DID stumble a bit one day last week.  After being all proud of myself and my restraint and focus I totally binged after dinner.  Ice cream, 2 cookies, popcorn.  As always I felt like crap afterwards - both physically and mentally.  But! … I didn't wallow for long.  Next morning I woke up and started again.  Right back on track.  I recognized, and was right, that Aunt Flo was due any minute.  That, as always, explains the carb cravings that I just can't seem to control … and I don't.  Yesterday and this morning I everything I truly craved were carbs … so I had them, guilt free.  No point resisting.  If I had substituted with, say, protein I would STILL be trolling through the pantry looking for something that satisfied … so I just went with it.  Had some toast.  Had a few crackers.  Nothing too out of control, just fed the craving.  Aunt Flo arrived and that's the end of THAT!

Onward and upward!

On reflection I see why I was so successful last week.  I didn't have to pre-plan or think about what I was going to eat for most meals.  Shake for breakfast, lots of water, borscht for lunch, lots of water, sensible dinner.  Done!  That borscht was the key!  Filling, took me a long time to eat and healthy!  So … in an effort to recreate the success I will do the same again this week.  I will pre measure the water (but think I will reduce it to 2.5 litres.  Three just has me going through too much toilet paper and peeing every time I sneeze!  Over-share.  Sorry.

I'm done with borscht - had it almost every day for two weeks … so I made up a big match of another of my favourite soups - Weight Watchers Hot and Sour.  Now it's not what you get in the restaurants by ANY stretch of the imagination … but I love it!  I LOVE the texture of tofu … and the mushrooms .. and it's low calorie and filling.  Perfect!  I go to the Lucky Supermarket and grab lots of fresh mushrooms there - they are the BEST for freshness and price.  Brown mushrooms, shitake, oyster, king … and extra firm tofu.  This batch I also used Mushroom broth I got at Costco a few months ago.  I don't use dried mushrooms (fresh is faster and less gritty) and, after testing, I often throw in a lot more hot sauce and/or rice vinegar.  Anything goes - hard to screw it up.  Here's the recipe …

Super yummy!

So that's the plan for the next few days.  I'm walking with a lot less pain so I may try to increase my walk by 10-15 minutes next week.  That's what I chose to do … just for this week :)

Have an awesome Sunday Girlfriend!  Love you :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment