Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Feeling Great Again!

Hey Girlfriend!

Woke up feeling great this morning.  About time!  Oh sure, my back still aches a little (but had a DEVINE massage yesterday to help it a lot) and ya, my feet still bark if I don't wear my shoes to the bathroom but I feel really great.  "Why, Tam?" I hear you cry!  Well … a few reasons, really.

I suppose the MAIN one is I feel in control again.  Control of the household (Craig is back at work this week so I'm getting a BIT of routine back), control of my schedule (My "One Touch Rule" was a great success and has me feeling less overwhelmed) and control of my eating/healthy living.  Now that last one has a number of things that have me feeling great.  a) I feel great MENTALLY!  I am not a 5 year old - I CAN control myself and I AM controlling myself b) The controlling what I put in my mouth had me waking up this morning with my stomach feeling very flat (well, when I'm laying down obviously!) and not bloated and c) the scale confirmed that eating properly for just TWO DAYS has a hug impact on my …. well, we'll say weight but more than that, how my body processes the food.  Yes, I weighed myself this morning.  I don't know why, really … I weighed myself Monday, remember?  Ya - 201.4 pounds of awesomeness *lol*  (Oh … as an aside … yesterday was the 14 year anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with Rebecca.  I was reading parts of the diary I kept that year and discovered that when I went into labor with her I was 212 pounds.  Oh.  Great.  So I'm 10.5 pounds less than when I was full term with a human being inside of me.  I say again.  Great.  *lol*)  … but I digress …

Yesterday, after eating well for just 24 hours, I felt like my pants were looser when I was walking Koda (another aside - I walked further than usual yesterday - thank you feet!).  This morning, after eating well for 48 hours I felt lighter.  Now you have to understand that I.  Know.  My.  Body.  I can usually tell you within .2 of a pound how much I weigh.  No scale required.  YEARS of weighing myself multiple times a day have given me that super power thank you very much.  It's actually kind of creepy.  This morning I thought it was safe to test my "I don't weigh 200 pounds" theory and sure enough … 198.8.  Yes, I *may* have smiled a little … but I'm to just ailing because the number is under 200.  While that's great it just slaps me in the face with what I've been saying all along.  THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE IS IRRELEVANT! … another tangent here … stay with me …

When I was taking Rebecca to her psychologist to help her with her anxieties we were given a new tool.  We were told to "be a detective" and look at the facts.  Rebecca was terrified of throwing up at school so didn't want to eat.  The psychologist asked her how many days, approximately, in her life she had gone to school.  We did the math … about 200 days a year … times 5 years, so roughly 1,000 days.  How many times had she thrown up at school.  One.  So!  What are than chances that she will throw up at school tomorrow?  The tool worked quite well … be a detective.  Now, back to our story …

So I get on the scale and it is down 2.6 pounds in 2 days.  Should I get excited?  No.  I should not.  What does that 2.6 pounds MEAN?  Be a detective.  Did I burn and extra 3,500 calories each day (spa total of an EXTRA 7,000 calories) in two days to lose 2 pounds of fat?  No I did not.  Did I pee about 47 times a day due to drinking 3 litres of water per day when I had previously been drinking about half a litre a day?  Yes I did.  So what do our results tell us.  Well, the way I see it I lost 2.6 pounds of water.

So?  So the scale being down is NOT permission for me to have a cookie today.  It IS an indication that I am on the right track again and THAT is what needs celebrating, not the number.  My pants feel looser.  Yay!  My stomach is less bloated.  Yay!  I am mentally MUCH lighter.  Wa-hoo!  Log may it continue!

I realized something else last night.  In my epic healthy eating for just two days I have had very few healthy grains.  I've had carbs in the form of fruit and my protein shakes but I haven't had any rice, pasta, bread .. just a bit of quinoa on Monday.  The result?  I am WAY less gassy!  Craig was begging me t never make borscht again as I was stinking out the family with some epic-stinky farts … but I now realize I have had borscht for lunch the last two days but no gas.  Interesting!  Maybe I AM sensitive to gluten … or something else in wheat/grains.  I love that I'm making connections between my eating, digestion and how I feel.  I sure hope I can stay on this path.  I feel so much happier when I take care of myself!

So - Just for Today I Chose to …

  • keep doing exactly what I'm doing
Oh … and a little trick I've been using when making dinner - 4:00 - 5:00 is my danger time - the time when I start mindlessly munching on stuff … when I catch myself standing in front of the open fridge or pantry door I turn on the kettle and make a cup of tea.  Half the time it goes cold and I totally forget to drink it but I distracts me enough to keep me from popping crap in my mouth that don't need … or even want!  Try it - it works!

OK - gotta run.  Off to chiro at 11:00 and need to walk Koda.

Have a FABULOUS day Girlfriend!  It's beautiful out!  Take a minute to stop and smell the roses for a few minutes today.  GINORMOUS hug!  xoxox


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment