Monday, February 13, 2017

Found My Groove

Hey Girlfriend!

Been thinking about you this week - thought I'd check in.  I can't believe it's been a month since I posted!

Not tooooo much is different but thought I'd update you.

I seem to have come out of my mini-depression/funk that I've been in.  Maybe it's because January is now over, maybe because I seem to like my reflection a bit more now that I have a new hair-do and less-goth-like hair colour.  Dunno but glad to see the back of it!

I've worked hard the last few weeks to get back on track mentally with the healthy living thing.  I've been THINKING about exercising *lol*.  Seriously!  I wanted to exercise last week by my back was very VERY angry.  I never know if I'm listening to my body or making excuses but thought I wouldn't risk injury so I just stuck to walking Koda. I've been motivated by the girls.  I TRY to enforce "no-electronic-Sunday" so we can all actually interact as a family.  Doesn't always work and the girls know that I will let them play on the Wii if it's an activity game.  Last Sunday they did the Let's Dance game … the whole thing!  They had so much fun they did it again Monday … and Tuesday … and Wednesday we went out and they bought the 2017 version and did THAT!  I asked if I could join in this week.  It's not a hard core workout but I have to start somewhere, right?  Yesterday I did two songs with them.  Got my heart up a little.  It's mostly arm movements, which was fine with me as I need to be careful with my back and feet.  (Fuck I'm not digging this getting old bull shit!).  I COULD have done more but thought I'd just stop at two … and then do three today and so on.  After the dancing I took Doodles out for a walk.  It was such a lovely day and although Craig has already walked him (I had my stamping gig all morning) I realized I WANTED to get out and move.  It felt great physically AND mentally!

Last week I also worked hard to use the Isagenix products for breakfast AND lunch.  Not for a calorie thing but for the detox/cleanse thing.  My goal was to have the 2-shake-day" plan for 5 days in a row, then do a cleanse.  I ended up doing it for 7 days (but kind of "blew it" a bit Tuesday).  It went really well.  I wasn't perfect but I did have 2-shake days, calories were about 1,400 a day and ate 90% clean.  I shifted almost 2 pounds.

This morning I'm up early early early.  Didn't sleep a wink.  Had to take Dad in to get a pacemaker this morning.  Don't know if that was keeping me up or the almost-full-moon.  Craig didn't sleep either.  Dunno.  Regardless, Wanda convinced me today was the PERFET day to do my cleanse as I'm in and out all day today between dropping Dad off, taking the kids to school volunteering AT school, attending assembly to hear Alicia read, picking up Dad, picking up the kids, walking the dog …. and on and on and on.  So …. today is cleanse day.  Naturally every other day of the week I can go until about 10 without eating.  This morning I'm starving *lol*.  Typical!

Weighed myself for a starting point.  194.8.  Pretty happy with that!  I've seriously been able to maintain for months now - just digging a little deeper for the next week to shift 5-10 pounds and keep it off.  Baby steps, baby goals and small lifestyle changes.

I'm feeling pretty good in all ways.  Feeling lighter, sleeping better (barring last night) and generally "lighter" physically and mentally.  Think I've turned a corner and heading on the right path again.

Send a few prayers out for Dad for me.  It's only a 20 minute procedure and I'm not too worried but still … good vibes, love and prayers never hurt, right?

Love you girlfriend - talk soon

xoxo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment