Thursday, December 8, 2016

Just Keep Swimming ...

Hey Girlfriend!

Figured it was high time I posted! … plus I'm procrastinating on what I SHOULD be doing, which is prepping for my kid's class in a few hours.  Meh.  It'll get done!

So!  How am I doing?  Pretty good, I'd say.  Did I hit my goal of 187 by Dec 1st?  Nope.  Not even close.  Weighed myself this morning.  192.8.  Am I happy?  Yup.  Very!  Why?  A few reasons.  The main one is that I'm MAINTAINING!  Why I'm happy about THAT is because I've been slipping a bit - at least in my mind.  By maintaining it's allowing me to let go of the beating-myself-up-for-having-a-cookie mentality I've had for so many years.  I'm allowing myself the odd nibble or treat here and there.  I'm VERY proud that I have a LITTLE.  Not 5 cookies (which happened in the past more than I would like to admit!) but ONE cookie.  Or ONE chocolate .. controlled.  I enjoy and then move on.  Every morning I have a "new" day clean piece of paper.  I almost always have my shake for breakfast.  If I'm home I have a healthy lunch - if not a protein bar.  I'm slipping on my pre-dinner snacking (eating the kids' lunch leftovers .. which really is gross, when I think about it …) and I overeat at dinner.  I eat my HEALTHY dinner … but can't seem to resist the kids uneaten food.  Again - gross.  On the bright side, despite me eating too much it is still much less than in the past.  Where I get disappointed in myself is that the kids' food isn't the healthy choice.  Better for me to eat more quinoa than the kids' breaded chicken strip.  Again - not disastrous and at least I recognize the error of my ways *lol*.  I know, a gal can't live on kale and quinoa alone … but there is not good reason for me to be eating what I am.  I'm not hungry and, truth be told, it usually isn't even that tasty!  I do like the clean foods!  Heck, yesterday I made fried zucchini in some olive oil with Craig's home-grow garlic, salt and pepper.  Had two eggs to go with it.  De-LICIOUS!  It's odd that I'm "good" when I'm alone but "Naughty" when the family is around.  I'm sure a psychologist would have a few thoughts on THAT! *lol*
So!  What's the plan for December?  Well - there will definitely be a few "cheats".  Going for lunch next week with friends, movie ad drinks with friends and baking tarts.  Craig will be making his baklava and .. well … on it goes.  It's Christmas.  I'm gunna enjoy.  My goal is to MAINTAIN through it all!  I just got my new Country Heat DVD (for the send time - the first one got lost somewhere in the house somewhere before I even OPENED it!).  I'm excited to try it out … and Becca said she'd do it with me.

I'm moving more, eating healthier and feeling pretty good overall.  Think my hormones are all OVER the place with pre-menapause … given Aunt Flo hasn't been around for a few months so pretty sure that's going to stall any real gain, despite any efforts to lose.

Whatever.  January always brings me 2 or 3 months of free time in the morning so I plan to exercise a lot more.  Only 30 weeks until the big 5-0 … would like to be down at least 30 pounds by then.  It's a tall order so I need to dig deeper very soon!

Gotta run - time to take Leeshy to school.

Have a great day.  Stay warm - TTYS  xo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment