Saturday, July 30, 2016

Permission Given!

Hey Girlfriend,

I'd love the chat but I realize I need to give my other blog, www.tamaraspapertrail.blogpot.com a little love this morning!  I have't posted in almost a week as I have spent my time here instead (there's only so much of me to go around ya know! *lol*)

Yesterday was a great day and I expect today will be much the same.  The kids are both away for the weekend so that adds just another layer of relaxation to my day.  Craig and I are planning on spending the day together going here and there, lunch or dinner, and a movie.  Perfect!

So … Just for Today I Chooses to .

  • give myself permission to eat whatever makes me happy
    • having said that I'm still going to THINK and CHOOSE what I feel like and I'm not going to eat every last bite if I'm full
Anyone else ever do that?  Gotta eat everything on your plate whether you want it or not?  "I paid $22 for this and I'm not letting it go to waste" mentality?

I do this a LOT.  I don't like spending money on eating out at the best of time.  It's SO expensive … and usually I prefer our cooking more anyway!  So NOT eating it all kills me!  I also seem to feel "I eat out so rarely I need to eat everything on my plate" … as well as "there is too little left to get packaged up and take home.  Paid for - Might as well eat it".

It's pretty messed up, isn't it?  So I'm going to think … and listed to my body.  If I'm hungry I'll eat it.  If I'm not I won't.

If we go to a movie I probably WILL have popcorn.  We have the passes that include the popcorn and drinks.  Can't waste it, right??  I rarely drink pop but … well, why would I have a water when the pop is worth more?  Gotta get the biggest bang for my buck, no?

Hmmmm.  How about this … instead of the "I get to have movie theatre popcorn so rarely I HAVE to have some" mentality and the "it's included in the ticket price so have to have it" mentality … 

Just for today I choose to …
  • NOT use the coupons - pay full price for the tickets and have a decaf coffee instead … and pack some Boom Chicka Pop popcorn to take with me?
(LOVE that popcorn.  *Might* be slightly addicted to it!)

Then again … I MIGHT just have the movie there popcorn.  If I do I will thoroughly enjoy it and not feel guilty for it afterwards.

Bottom line is it's all about choices.  I'm pretty sure I know which way I'll go.  I'll report back tomorrow!

Have a guilt free day - even if it's Just for Today.

Love you Girlfriend!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment