Thursday, October 6, 2016

I did it again ...

Hey Girlfriend!

Popping in to share my successes … and a confession …

Yesterday was SO awesome on lots of levels.  Alicia and I had a VERY nice, relaxing day at Kingsway.  Of course we didn't GET there until 11:30 as my little "slug girl" (as we call them) slept in and I had to walk Koda before we left … so it was a late start but that's ok - we didn't have much to shop for anyway.

We headed right to the food court as Alicia hasn't eaten yet.  She had her standard Double Buddy Burger with cheese, onion rings and root beer.  I had 2 cucumber and an orange pepper with some water *lol*.  The fast food didn't tempt me in the LEAST!  Truth be told, as I mentioned yesterday, I often end up at Kingsway when I'm on some eating plan and I have TRIED to find healthy options there but, aside from bland salad (I LIKE slad but there rely aren't any GOOD ones I can find there!) there really aren't too many tasty, healthy options.  I DID treat myself to the INSIDE onion of one onion ring .. and a half-a-pinkie-length piece of the batter.  The onion was very greasy and Im very glad I just had a nibble.  Satisfied my MIND (more than my tastebuds) and we moved on :)

I did super well at dinner, too.  I felt like I had a bit too large a portion of spaghetti sauce … but also wanted to make sure I was getting ENOUGH calories in the day.  It was probably a cup or a cup and half - seemed like an awful lot but may have been just because I hadn't eaten "real" food in 2 days.  I also had a BIG salad to go with it.  Even Alicia said it was really good.  Crisp, fresh and yummy.  After my cleanse the fresh veg tastes SO good to me.  That excites me more than you know!  I guess clean eating begets clean eating!

Instead of noodles (did NOT want to be gassy and bloated!) I was going to have spaghetti squash.  I LOVE that stuff with ANYTHING on top - spaghettis sauce, just butter and salt and pepper or even a fried egg.  SO yummy!  When I was going through the fridge looking for sauce ingredients I stumbled across some yam noodles I bought about 1 - 2 months ago.  They don't LOOK very appetizing but figured I'd at least OPEN them before they went bad and I was forced to throw them out.  They SMELLED like fish when I opened them but I tasted one and it tasted like … nothing!  Perfect! *lol*.  I rinsed them off and boiled them for a minute.  The whole package is only 10 calories.  What????  I love the spongy/rubbery texture (my family would hate it!) and will definitely buy them again.  I got them at the Lucky Supermarket on 97th and 137th.  I haven't seen them at Sobeys but pretty sure most T&T ( the other Chinese Foods Supermarket) carries them as well.  Here is what they look like …

I highly recommend trying these - especially if you are gluten / wheat intolerant!

So I was VERY happy with myself … and then 8:30 happened.  Us gels went upstairs to watch an episode of Cake Wars before bed.  Alicia made herself some Jiffy Pop popcorn we had left over from camping holidays.  I didn't have any … until she said she was done and did I want some.  Sigh.  Popsorn is a bit of a weakness for me.  I had some.  No.  I had a lot.  Like half the bowl.  I justified it at the time by saying I had probably not had more than about 1,000 calories.  Maybe I had, I don't know exactly.  Afterward I had eaters-guilt.  Not because of the calories but because it was a crappy choice.  Oh sure it wasn't a BIG deal - not like I had a greasy burger or half a cake but it was recessed popcorn with extra butter and salt.  I had just finished cleaning out my system (and it wasn't easy!) so I punched myself once or twice over it.

Then I moved on.

Wasn't going to dwell.

Not dwelling now.

Remembering the bad mental feeling from that CHOICE and will learn from it moving forward.  Yes, it was her birthday.  Yes, it was a bit of  a one-off.  But I just ate too much of it - out of habit, I guess.

Moving on!

That wasn't even my confession!  My confession is I weighed myself again this morning.  Now I have a very good reason for that!  I'm not obsession over the scale again - and the scale is now back in the downstairs bathroom so I'm not tempted to step on it.  I consciously CHOSE to weigh myself.  Why?  I wanted to know how much water etc I had gained back after eating yesterday.  My thought processes was … "what if I "gained" back a few pounds so I was "really", say 196.  What if I then eat well all week and weigh myself again next Monday to see I'm, say 194.  If I don't KNOW that I was up a few pounds today then I would think I hadn't lost anything after eating well and may be discouraged.  If I weigh myself today then I'll know that, if I'm 194 next Monday I will have truly lost 2 pounds of fat".

Does that make sense?  HArd to explain but I know what I mean.

So!  I weighed myself expecting to be up about 1.5 - 2 pounds.  Know what?  I was only up .4!  What??   I find that hard to believe but whatever.  I WANT to be excited about that but keep telling myself it's not about the number.  I felt RELLY good yesterday, and this morning.  My pants are SO loose I was actually looking at new ones yesterday.  (Too bad - I love these jeans!)

Today I will keep on keeping on.  More water (I was down yesterday being out of the house most of the day), more of the fresh veg and a healthy dinner.  Kinda liking this new eating gig I've got going on!

That's all I've got today - just wanted to share.  Might check in again after Alicia's birthday party and/or Thanksgiving dinner just to brag about how awesome I was but if not I'll check in next week.

Love you Girlfriend.  TTYS!  xo


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Jugo Juice at Kingsway has healthy options! You can even get snack-sized smoothies.

    ReplyDelete