Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Still Here!

Hey Girlfriend!  Yes, I'm still here.

Been MEANING to post for a few days but the days have just been flying by!  My calendar swings between totally empty and totally full. On the empty days I have great plans to get x, y, z done but instead j, p, c gets done.  You know me - do everything but what NEEDS to be done!  All good.  I always seem to manage to get 'er done eventually!

Let's see …. when last we chatted I was just getting over my coughing "thing".  I was more or less better by Wednesday so decided to do a ONE day cleanse on Friday.  Ugh.  I really really REALLY can't stand the products I have to take on a cleanse day … other than the chocolates I get (super yum!)  After whining to Wanda about the "Scooby Snacks", as I call them, we found a way to make them yummy.  They are not-so-little chocolate (or vanilla or berry) "candy".  They are VERY chalky and I can't bear them.  I'd rather go hungry than eat them but they are necessary for maintaining blood sugar levels and I guess they have some protein in them.  I mentioned maybe I could smash them into a powder, add some water and "shoot" it.  Wanda remembered seeing a hot chocolate recipe using them. Yes, smash two or three of the snacks, add one ore chocolates we get and add hot water.  It was YUMMY!  So THAT part was conquered without gagging.  The only other thing I can't bear is the Cleanse For Life "gack", as I call it.  Truly horrible.  I almost can't keep it down … and I have to take it 4 times during the day.  It turns into 8 times for me because I take one scoop, add a bit of water and shoot it … then do the second scoop, add some water and shoot it.  Seriously. The last shot of the day almost came back up.  SO yuck!  Now I don't actually get hungry on cleanse days but I DO get SOOOOO bitchy!  Im fine until about 6:00 pm and then I morph into a very, very angry woman! *lol*.  I had stamp class Friday night and the gals were sure to move the scissors away from me!  SERIOUSLY bitchy!!

I was glad when Saturday morning rolled around.  I started the day off with my usual shake and life was good.  Craig and I went to a "beginners course for making sausage" class … so I did have a home-made sausage.  When we got home I decided against another shake - I kind craved actual chewing!  I didn't eat BADLY but not the BEST choices.  I had a bit of left over pasta and just kind of snacked throughout the day.  At dinner I fried up some pea pods, peppers and onions.  I confess I *might* have had 3 mini chocolate bars from the Halloween stash … and then I *might* have had a small glass of wine … alate snack of 2 eggs (i had no protein at dinner so was hungry) and then *might* have had a bowl of Boom Chicka Pop popcorn before bed.  In hindsight that was NOT a good combo of food products!!!  I HAD to get up at 6:30 am with … shall we say "issues".  Shall we also say I had "issues" ALL day (at least 8 "issues") and by bedtime was not a happy bunny.  I was in a bad frame of mind, super tired, whiny, cranky and fed up.  I was pretty convinced I would never do another cleanse and started seriously wondering WTH I was doing to my body on this plan!  I texted Wanda.  She talked me off the ledge and said it WASN'T uncommon to have "issues" like I was today.  Everyone is different and it appears I have/had a lot of toxins.  She pointed out Ive lost weight and inches (I'm now 192 pounds, so down almost 12 pounds in 30 days).  I asked when I was gunna start feeling GOOD as everyone always seems to say they feel.  I felt good the first week - the let 3 I've felt like CRAP and it was making me cranky!  We agreed I would just stay the course and get some sleep.

Yes, everything seemed better in the morning.  Actually, I'm quite happy to say that have FINALLY started feeling pretty good!  Yes, I do have more energy and walk Koda a lot faster than I did a month ago (but I'm pretty sure that's mainly due to the caffeine in the one pill I take).  I HAVE lost weight and inches.  My knees AREN'T as sore (even though it'n "only" 12 pounds).  I still don't sleep well but I do feel SO much lighter!  I'm WAY less bloated and haven't had gas since I started.  I do like the way I feel … so I'm gunna keep going :)

I have been eating REALLY healthy and NO snacking!  I haven't been hungry.  I'm not drinking as much water as I should but, to be honest, I'm sick of going to the bathroom 100 times a day and/or peeing every time I sneeze!  I manage 1.5 - 2 litres a day.  If I'm home all day I drink more (cause there's a toilet near by!) but other than that I'm cutting back in the day.

My portions have been great.  My snacks have been ridiculously healthy and I have't been snacking in the evenings.  I just haven't wanted to!  I haven't had the kids leftovers and I haven't had desserts.  It's crazy!  After dinner I usually WANT more food (not because i'm hungry but because I lie to eat!) but instead of seconds or dessert I boil the kettle while washing the dishes and then sit with a cup of tea.  Distracts me long enough to stay out of the fridge and mindless eating.  Score!

So - yes, I'm down to 192.  I REALLY want to hit 190 … and to be honest am surprised Im not that already.  My stomach is much flatter and the jeans are loose.  I'm not dwelling or obsessing - it will come - but I want to be at that 190 mark very soon.  I'm actually WANTING to start exercising soon - my schedule is pretty nuts until November 2nd but after that I want to start my DVDs again.

So there you have it!  I'm on a roll and am making progress.  Losing some weight and CRUSHING the healthy eating!  Well on my way to a healthier me.  Can't wait to see what the next 30 days brings!

Hope you're well - I'll update again when I have something to report.

TTYL - have  great evening!  <3


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment