Saturday, October 15, 2016

Still going strong ...

Hey Girlfriend!

Nothing too epic to report … just keeping on keeping on!

I've been sick as all get out the week with this stupid cough!  Well, I SAY sick but I DID got to the doctor Wednesday and, according to her, I'm NOT sick.  Ohhhhhh Kayyyyyyy.  I was all over my "detoxing, not sick" theory but this has been going on for over a week now.  Yesterday I think I may have coughed up my spleen … so I"m starting to think I may be sick after all.  Whatever.  Doesn't really matter … as long as my back doesn't go out (which I can't believe hasn't happened yet!)  On the bright side my tummy muscles are getting QUITE the workout! I have a yummy cough syrup to take at bedtime - it has codeine in it.  Apparently I really LIKE codeine! lol.  I'll get there … Every day I think I'm a little better …. although Craig disagrees and whilst he was VERY patient and empathetic the first few days he is now ready for me to be done this gig!

So … how has this all affected my master health plan?  It really hasn't!  … aside from the fact that I can't do a cleanse until I'm 100% again (too hard on the body).

I am thrilled to report I have been 100% NAILING the healthy eating!  Shake for breakfast, either a shake, a bar or a super healthy lunch and controlled, reasonable dinners!  No snacking either!  All week I have had the opportunity to eat crap (leftover potato chips and candy from Alicia's party, ice-cream, girl guide cookies, Costco sized bag of M&M peanuts AND HAlloween chocolate!) but I haven't had ANY!  No, I don't have massive amounts of willpower.  I don't WANT it!  It's the weirdest thing!  Historically, I RARELY eat or snack because I'm hungry.  I usually do so because I'm bored or procrastinating on something.  I also like to mindlessly pop Smarties in my mouth while crafting.  This week … nuthin!  Wanda TOLD me that on Isagenix you wouldn't have cravings.  I didn't think much of it as I don't usually CRAVE the crap .. I just eat it!  This week that hasn't happened.  the BIGGEST surprise was Tuesday.  I made ribs for dinner.  Ribs have always been one of my favourites.  I boil the ribs for a few hours.  I then LOVE to have a few of them just freshly out of the pot (yes, just boiled meat) with some salt and pepper.  I then usually have one when I put the sauce on … and then of course about 5 with dinner.  So Tuesday I boiled them up.  I ad a little nibble (like one bite) of the boiled meat.  It was ok … didn't have more.  Did't sneak any pre-dinner.  Had 6 with dinner.  Blech!  I ATE them .. but as I was nearing the end I realized (when I slowed down and actually though about the taste) I wasn't really enjoying them!  Afterwords I felt GROSS!  SO greasy/fatty and heavy!!  I guess my tastes/loves for fatty foods is changing.  I guess I should be happy about that … I just don't know how to sea with it! lol.  I've ALWAYS loved fatty foods - especially FAT!  Steak fat, bacon fat, pork fat.  Wow.  This new me is going to take a whir to get to know!  The way I SEE myself is starting to change.  I'm starting to be one of "those" people.  The ones who make good choices all the time … because they truly LIKE the healthy food.

Humph.  Who'd'a'thunk?

(Oh!  FY 0 weighed myself today as my jeans almost literally fall down when I walk now.  I was 195.6.  Thought I'd be less … but all good.  My system isn't right this week - little "backed up" and Aunt Flo is just leaving … not sure why I stepped on the scale, actually but it's ok.  I'm not bothered by it … just confirming I'm down from where I started.)

Off I go to start my Saturday.  Craig is making hoe made hash browns and eggs.  Hmmm.  It IS the weekend … mane I'll have some eggs today.

Have a great weeked.  TTYS!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment