Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Happy Update

Hey Girlfriend!

NOt much to say these days, really - my posts are starting to bore me *lol*.  Maybe I should switch to posting "Just for This Week" … dunno.  I suppose I'll just see what I need as I need it.

Gotta admit - not feeling the same determination I did 2.5 weeks ago.  Typical Tamara.  Start out of the gate full speed then quickly taper off.  Don't worry though - I'm still gunna limp along.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  Speaking of limping - happy update on my foot situation.  Today it seriously feels 95% better!  I went for another chiro appointment yesterday.  Yup - hurt like a sunuvabitch as he dug his thumb into the tender part of my heel.  GEEZ!  Damned near went through the roof …. but it's necessary.  Gott break up the "gristle"-like something-or-other that's going on down there.  He said it was already smaller from Friday, which is great news.  Still can't walk without shoes (and likely never will walk barefoot in the house again) but I'm not even limping this morning!!  Heaven for my HIPS!  I'm going again Thursday, before I go on holidays.  Fingers crossed it just keeps getting better and better!

Now … back to this healthy living gig.  Ya - just can't seem to make it to the end of the day hitting my goals.  Water is down (again), didn't track my foot/calories and yup - caved and had my ice cream.  Not letting it get me down - just don't know why I'm not doing it.  I suppose, being the "all-ornothing" gal I am I fall down on tracking when I don't know exactly what to track.  Yesterday I tracked until dinner … but then had my roasted vegetables.  didn't know how much of what veg I had (it's all mixed together) and didn't know how much oil was in the batch … so I didn't track it.  So it's not like I'm binging on a bag of Doritos but I feel more successful when I KNOW how I've done - when it's measurable.  Ya, had the ice cream but again, calorie-wise for the day I'm pretty rue I was still in the 1,300 range.

I guess it's a good thing if I can just coast along for a while - not losing, not gaining.  I suppose this is how "normal" people do it.  Overall that's where I want to be and how I want to be able to live - mainly healthy - everything in moderation.  Just seems a little early to be doing THAT *lol*.  I still DO want to shift a little weight, as my jeans feel snug this morning (but I'm sure Aunt Flo has something to do with that).  Not going to dwell on it at this point.  I haven't been able to be as active as I would have liked due to my feet so hopefully once that gets sorted, and holidays are over, I'll be a little more focused.

So … nothing really profound today - just general update rambling and to let you know not every day is a full success … or sunshine and roses … but I'm still doing my best and being kind to myself.

Just for Today I choose to …

  • Eat Clean (so I can track it accurately)
  • Track what I eat
  • Drink at least 1.5 litres of water (see if we can get THAT much in!)
That's all.  SUrely I can do THAT … even if it's just for today!

Have a great day Girlfriend - love you!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment