Thursday, August 4, 2016

I'm on the right track!

Hey Girlfriend!

Ya.  So yesterday was … shall we say … not quite the success I expected it to be.  I suppose, looking back, I should have realized my mood and my motivation level when I set my goals.  Heck, even the title "Whole Lotta Nuthin" could have been a clue lol!

Let's review what I had planned "Just for Yesterday" ...

  • keep drinking that water.  2.5 litres minimum (it does seem to help my feet to lee the fascia hydrated!)
  • eat a banana (potassium helps my body absorb the water)
  • Prep the fruit and veg I bought yesterday
  • resist that pie one more day - it will be gone by tomorrow!
  • research a heathy stew dish for dinner (using my fancy new "Instant Pot"
  • do the Butt and Thigh pilates DVD again AND the Abs DVD
I think that's enough for today.  gotta make sure the goals are achievable!

Hmmm.

Water - think I managed 1.5 litres
Banana - blech.  Didn't happen
Prep fruit and veg.  Oh YAY!  I prepped the fruit … Boo - not the veg
Resist the pie.  Ya - well … umm …. lol.  In my defense it was just a TEENY piece! (probably because I was full from the little bowl of ice cream with chocolate chips and maple syrup on top …. !!!!)
Research stew for dinner.  YAY!  Did that!  … then made perigees for dinner (bahahahaha!  I'm cracking myself up with my "epic fails"!)
do TWO workout DVD's.  Well … I walked BY them, does that count??

So!  Did I go to bed feeling I had moved closer towards my goals?  Actually I did!  No, the day didn't play out the way I had expected it to.  But my goals aren't "achieve 100% of what you set out to do every day or the next 365 days thereby losing 50 pounds and being happy".  My goals are to stretch myself MOST days to take myself out of my comfort zone, try new things, live a PRIMARILY healthy lifestyle (like 80% of the time), loving the body and the life I have, appreciating the people in my life and being grateful.  Achieving THESE goals will make me happy.

So no, didn't hit the mark yesterday "officially" but so what.  Did I dwell?  Did I beat myself up?  Do I plan to eat my way through the pantry to make myself feel better (???!!!!).  No.  I recognized something was going on with me yesterday.  Maybe just fatigue (not sleeping well this week), maybe my body just craved salt … or fat … or pie crust (lol).  Maybe it's hormones.  Maybe it was just some comfort eating as I was grumpy as all fuck having to wear socks and runners all day.  Maybe I just didn't want to have an "rules".  Maybe (and I think it's this one most) I was just bored.  I didn't really want to organize the bonus room or do the other 3 or 4 things I "should" do.  My mind seems to go to the logic of "oh, I'll do that after I eat lunch" so I eat lunch … for, like, 3 hours lol.  Seriously.  I'm a complicated woman!

So …. lets put those big girl panties on snug and tight, stick the boobs out and start fresh again today!

Now … just another bit of a ramble, as I came across another great inspirational clip from the Facebook Page "The Law of Attraction".  (I WISH I could find a way to insert the videos here but it won't let me share them from FB to Blogger and there isn't a ULR link …)

Uncle Google says ….

The law of attraction is the name given to the maxim "like attracts like" which in New Thought philosophy is used to sum up the idea that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life.

I love this … and I believe it.  I also believe it is starting to happen to me, and the universe is showing me that I'm on the right track.  I've had a few signs.  One has to do with numbers.  I've always felt numbers and number sequence/re-occurence may be a sign of something.  A few weeks ago I posted that I had driven to 3 difference dentist appointments in one day and my kilometres driven were 177.7 km.

A friend of mine sent me a message with an excerpts from a book by Doreen Virtue on "angel numbers".  According to Doreen …

"The angels applaud you, congratulations, you're on a roll!  Keep up the good work and know your wish is coming true.  This is an extremely positive sign and means you should also expect more miracles to come."

Well!  Who doesn't like to hear THAT???

Other positive signs … I was accepted into the Business Development Program with Stampin' Up!  I have been assigned a business coach who will work with me for the next 6 months to help me achieve my business goals.  Yay!

Another strong sign is that I have recently acquired two new recruits in my business.  I have never met either lady - they came to me via Pinterest … and then my blog.  This is a HUGE sign for me.  I've been blogging and Pinning for years but nothing tangible has come from it …until now … and I couldn't be happier!

So yes - I stumbled a little yesterday.  All good.  In the grand scheme of 365 one little blip won't matter a hill of beans.  It's the REACTION to the blip that matters.  I'm not going to spend another moment thinking about it.  It's done.  Over.  Irrelevant.  I will learn from it.  I will recognize and acknowledge my moods and work WITH them.

Today I'm feeling a little more "normal".  I also have a very busy afternoon.  That's good.  I have a solid plan in place.  Today, I think, I need very specific goals, and limited.  So ….

Just for Today I Choose to …

  • drink 2.5 litres of water (yes, I have to write this one down or it seems to be the first thing to fly off my radar!)
  • have a protein shake for breakfast
  • have my chickpea salad for lunch
  • have salad and grilled chicken breast for dinner
  • if I am HUNGRY I will have a snack of cottage cheese
  • if I am MUNCHY I will have an apple
  • if I find myself standing in front of the fridge or pantry trolling for food I will STOP and make a cup of tea (this is my favourite "trick" lately.  Tea.  It takes time to make and drink and often I'm just bored so the 10 minute tea break is enough to distract me from food, give me the break I seem to want/need and then I'm more motivated to get on with whatever I'm avoiding!
That's all.  Specific, measurable goals.  I'm taking the Littles bowling today while I go to the chiropractor … then home for dinner THEN … ready for this?  I'm going to YOGA with my buddy Wanda.  Hee hee.  Talk about going outside my comfort zone!  Tried yoga a few times.  It was ok … but I really was like a chicken trying to put on pants.  NOT very graceful I must say lol.  But I'm going … and will have a good giggle with a good friend … and it will keep me moving forward.

Yay me!

OK - once again my morning ramble has be behind so off I go to nail the day :)

Thanks for listing.  Love you Girlfriend!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment