Friday, August 5, 2016

Less Pressure = More Success

Hey Girlfriend,

Me again.

So it's 3:00 pm.  This morning (at 10:00 am) I didn't feel like talking - too much to do.

So I DID walk the dog … slowly and carefully.  The feet got a little tired at the end but still better than it has been.  Had some brunch (spaghettis squash and ground turkey left over from the other night), showered then ….. then what?  Exactly what was it I *needed* to do today?

I have a stamping class tonight .. but didn't feel like setting up yet so I figured I'd put together a veg tray.  My fridge is overflowing with yummy veg and it occurred to me I only have 1 week to eat it all before we go away.  I have a great snack now ready for tonight.

Once I got into cleaning the veg I realized just how much I still had and, as I was munching on carrots and sugar snap peas as I prepped them, how yummy veg is.  What was it I need to do today?  I really couldn't come up with anything pressing.  I just THOUGHT I had a lot to do.  Really, at the end of the day, nothing (except setting up for tonight) HAD to be done … so I decided to go through the fridge, grab all the veg I had and prep it for dinner.

Yellow zucchini, orange pepper, garden beets, market potatoes, broccoli, purple cabbage.  Everyone into the pool!  I ended up with two HUGE ziploc bags.  Drizzled each with some avocado oil, some Sweet Basil (Pampered Chef) seasoning, coarse sea salt and slammed those bad boys into the oven to roast.  I also trimmed some garden yellow beans Craig grew me.  Can't wait for dinner!!


Craig had a big lunch (and his system doesn't handle vegetables very well!) so he won't be partaking in all the yumminess that will be dinner.  The kids are having leftover spaghetti so this is alllllll for me!  *lol*  I obviously won't eat it all (or my colon might explode!) but I am set up for healthy eating for the next few days!  If I get sick of it the leftovers will make amazing vegetable soup.  THAT the girls will eat - they love my vegetable soup!

Soooooo - today I seem to have learned that SOMETIMES, if I take the pressure off myself to get things done … or to eat "x" today … I exceed my own expectations and do things because I WANT to … not because I feel I have to.

Again … I'm a complicated woman *lol*

Hope you're having a fun day!  TTYT


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment