Monday, August 29, 2016

New Strategy ...

Hey Girlfriend!

Would love to chat but seriously - need to get off this stupid computer and get some shit DONE today!!!  So short and sweet.

Weighed myself last Monday.  199.6 (I think).
Weighed myself today.  201.4.  For God's sake Tamara.  Get a grip!

I can't BELIEVE I'm not freaking out that the scale is actually over the 200 mark.  Seriously.  But I'm not.

Whatever.

Have I done well making healthier choices since I got back from holidays?

Actually I have!

The family had take out last week.  Subway.  Sure I could have had one … didn't want one!  Bought them theirs, took it home and had a big bowl of healthy borscht.

Yesterday for luck there was some EPIC spaghetti and sauce leftover from dinner.  Healthy, but pretty high carb and lots of oil in it … opted for fried zucchini and quinoa instead.

Resisted lots for things I would normally have eaten.

Success.

Scale doesn't say so, though.  I'm going with "water retention".  Is the scale higher this week?  Yes.  Did I eat 7,000 extra calories last week to gain 2 pounds of fat?  Nope.

Digging deeper and focusing more today as I can get a BIT more structure to my week with Craig being back at work (and next week will be even better with the kids back at school).

So!  Just for THIS WEEK I choose to …

  • take my vitamins daily (was doing really well on this one until holidays - have totally forgotten for the last 2 weeks!)
  • have a protein shake for breakfast (I have lots in the cupboard and want to start using up some of he healthy stuff I've got!)
  • track my food in My Fitness Pal
  • do my pilates DVD 3 times this week (seriously - it's only 17 minutes!!!)
  • DRINK 3 LITRES OF WATER!!!!!!!!  This seems to be a hurdle I just can't get over … so new strategy … remeasuring 3 litres and leaving it on the counter!
That's it!  Nothing too new or earth shattering …. just the basics.

I've got this!

Gotta run (... have to pee from that first glass of water! lol ) …

TTYS  xo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment