Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Let's Do That Again!

Morning Girlfriend!

Just popped in to say yesterday was a raging success!  I had most of my water finished by noon!  Not really sure how THAT happened given that I subsequently spent met of the morning heading to the bathroom but …

Today I will apply the same strategy but try to space it out a little better.  I don't think it really counts as getting a good, healthy dose of water in if all 3 litres are done in the first 3 hours of the day and then nothing more afterwards *lol*.  I didn't PLAN it that way it just happened … and I'm not really convinced I NEED that much water.  Aside from the fact that I'll pee every time I sneeze if I keep up that amount I'm not sure it serves much purpose when I'm obviously hydrated (pee is clear - not yellow at all!) and is just going right through me.  (Over-share, I'm sure but hey - you know me … no topic of limits in Tamara-world!)

I DID plan to get my DVD in .. alas … I got pretty focused on getting things done with my "One Touch Rule" … essentially, if I touch something I have to DEAL with it.  That e-mail in my inbox?  Gotta deal with it.  That form that need filling out and mailing?  Gotta deal with it.  That vehicle recall notice?  Gotta deal with it.  I got SOOOO much done … and kinda forgot about the workout.  No worries - today :)

Was great on eating clean yesterday too!  Had my shake for breakfast, borscht for lunch and didn't even THINK of snacking until dinner prep.  Old habits die hard.  Wasn't really hungry per se but wanted to munch … so snacked on some raw cauliflower while making dinner.  I DID eat SLIGHTLY more than I should have.  I had 5 ounces of my grilled chicken and my fried zucchini (made into noodles with my "vegetti" cutter).  Resisted the corn and egg noodles I made for the family … until they were "full" … they offered me their few bites that were left … and I took them.  Argh!  Why do I DO that??  I didn't NEED it, I was totally satisfied with my dinner yet in my mouth it went.  Now granted, it wasn't high-calorie junk food but still - I didn't NEED it.  Gotta really dig deep on eating everyone else's garbage.  Seriously.  I've asked them before not to offer me what they don't eat … gotta reinforce that again.

So today I really plan to just "do it again" and try to be a little more mindful of portions.  Oh!  … I also didn't have popcorn at bed time.  I WAS hungry come 9:00 pm … and planned to have an apple … then I saw some grapes on the counter.  Grapes are like crack to me and I couldn't resist.  Again, a better choice than chocolate but grapes are so high in sugar … and I had a few earlier so I really should have opted for the apple.  Next time.

Today I choose to …

  • get that water in but more spread out throughout the day
  • do that pilates DVD
  • prep my spaghetti squash to have on hand
  • watch portions
  • NOT EAT THE KIDS' LEFTOVERS!!
I get to go for a massage this afternoon.  Ask me how much I'm loving THAT idea??  Can't wait!

Hope you have a great day - TTYS  xox


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment