Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tuesday is the New Monday

Hey Girlfriend!

Again, the plan is to have a quick post …. but you probably know me a little better than that by now, right?  *lol*

So … after a long weekend it's Tuesday … the new Monday,

Better believe I'm "resetting" and starting with that clean slate again today.

I ALWAYS struggle with my eating on the weekends and this weekend, although better than usual, was far from "perfect".  Then again … I'm not striving for perfect, am I?  I don't know what it is but whenever Craig is around I tend to nibble more.  Maybe it's because when he's around there isn't my usual routine.  Maybe him being here signals it's relaxation time - and that translates into enjoyment - which translates into food.  Maybe it's because when he's home he tends to cook dinner … and does a lot of the chores.  That means more time on my hands.  Time = boredom - eating.

Whatever the reason I eat more and I know it.  I was FAIRLY successful in keeping rings in control and CHOOSING what I ate.  As I mentioned before, we went out for dinner Saturday.  That's ok - my calories for the DAY were still under 2,000.  We went to the movies Sunday.  That's ok - I planned ahead, took my popcorn and had a coffee instead of the usual (yummy) garbage.  Yesterday I TRIED SO HARD to stay out of the pantry.  Truly I did.  I had the munchies.  I RECOGNIZED I had the munchies.  I even grabbed the prepared container of cauliflower and some dip.  Had 4 pieces.  Wanted to gag and grabbed a handful of crunchy, salty tostitos.  *lol*.  Not a big deal.  Just a handful, not a bowl full!

Dinner I totally overate … and it wasn't low calories by ANY means!  Craig made some delicious, full of maple syrup and honey, pork ribs … with noodles … and corn … and blueberry pie.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.

I started with 3 ribs and a small bit of needles and corn … but I ended up having 2 (or was it 3?) more ribs … and Rebecca's leftover noodles … and a (small) piece of pie … with a (small) bit of whipped cream.

It's ok - although I TOTALLY overate (I was SOOOOO full), I didn't fret over it - and I won't.  I ate it - I absolutely enjoyed every lick - it's over.

Let's look at the big picture.  One day of, say 2,500 calories, is NOT going to have me gain weight.  I have consistently dated 1,200 - 1,400 calories a day for the last 10 days.  IF I were to get on the scale (which I'm NOT gunna do!) I would be up in weight, Im quite sure.  Did I gain weight?  Yes.  Did I gain fat?  No.  I gained water.  The sauce was full of soya sauce and my water intake was probably only about 1.5 litres yesterday.  Retaining?  Yes.  I can barely move my wedding ring.

Oh … and "Aunt Flo" is due any minute.  That explains my carb cravings (happens EVERY month!) and further retaining.

I went to bed wondering how I would react to my day of overeating.  I'm pretty sure I've got this, but I'm to gunna lie - I was a little scared.  I know myself.  The "old" me would likely have thrown in the towel.  "Well - I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks, so I'll just enjoy my food until then and start again when I get back".  Then I would eat my way through the pantry and, 3 weeks from how, would have yet another 5 pounds to lose.

Not this time.  SO much can be gained in just 7 days of healthy eating. I've proven that to myself over and over again.  Yesterday is done.  Today we start new.  SO …

Just For Today I Choose to …

  • DRINK THE DAMNED WATER!!!!
  • NOT eat the yummy, high calorie leftovers in the fridge
  • NOT eat a piece of pie (this one IS Just for Today … no promises for tomorrow so I hope the kids eat it all today!)
  • Stick to 1,200 calories
  • DRINK MORE DAMNED WATER!!!!
  • do my pilates DVD.
Bit of a big order for today given that I have to hit Sobeys AND Costco … AND have a business phone call, send a business email and place a business order … but I can do it.  Just gotta choose TO do it, right?

I've got 1 hour before my business call.  Better go have my protein shake and hit the shower so I can start the day off on the right (albeit painful) foot *lol*

Thanks for the chat, Girlfriend.  Yu've help me talk myself up into a better frame of mind than I was before "talking".  Pumped and ready to succeed :)

Love you!  TTY tomorrow :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment